If you know me at all, you know I’m just crazy about Tiffany’s! So when I found out there is a new line of wedding dresses all inspired by Audrey Hepburn as the fabulous Holly Golightly, I was beyond excited! The Bridal Collection was created by Reem Arca for Spring of 2018. The beautiful gowns come in both white and black, paying tribute to Holly’s classic black gowns from the film.
I recently purchased the NYX Color Correcting Concealer. This stuff is amazing!
Taking notes from art class in elementary school, this concealer uses the color wheel for how to conceal. I use the green on any red spots (acne, pigmentation), and the yellow for blue under-eye circles or veins. Apply your foundation over the concealer. The results? Marvelous!
Comment below with your favorite NYX cosmetics!
Today I thought I’d share a delicious breakfast recipe. Sundays were always a day in my family when we would enjoy a yummy home-made breakfast or brunch. I feel like that is were my love for breakfast comes from. Now, my own traditions include weekend breakfasts. Typically, we eat eggs, but on occasion I enjoy something sweet. Here is an easy and fast French toast recipe that I hope you enjoy!
French Toast Recipe:
- 8 slices of thick bread-I use my whole grain bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use organic)
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for griddle/pan
- Heat griddle on medium heat.
- Mix together your eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- One slice at a time, gently coat your bread with the mixture on each side. Be careful not to drench the bread.
- Place your coated bread on the griddle. About a minute or two on each side. Press on the center of the bread while toasting to get an even texture.
- Remove from griddle and add butter, powdered sugar, and syrup to taste. Enjoy!
When planning my wedding, I knew I wanted the colors of blush & gold. I felt these two colors were both on trend, as well as timeless. For many brides, deciding on what your wedding colors should be can be a daunting task. Here are a few of my tips that should help make the choice a little bit easier.
- Pick a dark and light combination: You want your wedding colors to be complimentary as well as contrasting. An easy way to do this is by picking a dark base color, and accenting it with your lighter color choice.
- Consider your season, but don’t let that limit you: I chose blush as one of my colors, which is typically a spring or summer color. But I got married in the fall. While it can be smart or convenient to select you colors based on the season you get married in, don’t let that limit your choices. I had my heart set on the blush color, oranges and burgundies just weren’t my thing.
- Use Pinterest as inspiration & direction: When you are picking linens, charger plates, flowers, and other items that involve your colors, it can get overwhelming. I highly recommend using Pinterest to hon your ideas. It will give you some direction, as well as specific pictures to show your vendors.
- Make sure you have a base color: The base color of your palette needs to be a neutral. White, cream, or even black are great bases to keep your colors in check. Our wedding featured a lot of white in the background of the color scheme. This will help keep your colors from overwhelming your beautiful day.
I hope these tips will help you when picking out your wedding colors! Comment below with your wedding day color scheme!
Happy New Year, everyone! It’s amazing how with the drop of the ball you can feel like your whole slate is wiped clean! Fresh starts are a great time to reevaluate what things can be changed in your life for the positive.
I started the first day of 2017 with a quick smoothie recipe, yoga video, and some at-home-spa treatments! So refreshing!
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Dab of honey
Add your ingredients to a blender (I use my Ninja) until smooth. This smothie has a tropical taste thanks to the grapefruit. Just add a tropical umbrella and pretend you’re at the beach!
It’s not too intense, but does give a little bit of strength exercises to make you feel great!
Comment below with your New Year resolutions!
When planning our wedding, I always had in the back of my mind ideas for a guest book. I knew I didn’t want to be too traditional, but I also wanted something classic that could stand the test of time.
After looking through Pinterest and various weddings on the web, I came across the idea of a champagne bottle that your guests sign. This idea was so chic and classic! We ended up purchasing a bottle of Dom Pérignon circa 2006.
Guests were able to sign both the bottle and the box it came in. Now we have a beautiful display from our wedding. Plus, when our 5oth anniversary comes around we will have some delicious bubbly to toast to!