When planning my wedding, I knew I wanted the colors of blush & gold. I felt these two colors were both on trend, as well as timeless. For many brides, deciding on what your wedding colors should be can be a daunting task. Here are a few of my tips that should help make the choice a little bit easier.
- Pick a dark and light combination: You want your wedding colors to be complimentary as well as contrasting. An easy way to do this is by picking a dark base color, and accenting it with your lighter color choice.
- Consider your season, but don’t let that limit you: I chose blush as one of my colors, which is typically a spring or summer color. But I got married in the fall. While it can be smart or convenient to select you colors based on the season you get married in, don’t let that limit your choices. I had my heart set on the blush color, oranges and burgundies just weren’t my thing.
- Use Pinterest as inspiration & direction: When you are picking linens, charger plates, flowers, and other items that involve your colors, it can get overwhelming. I highly recommend using Pinterest to hon your ideas. It will give you some direction, as well as specific pictures to show your vendors.
- Make sure you have a base color: The base color of your palette needs to be a neutral. White, cream, or even black are great bases to keep your colors in check. Our wedding featured a lot of white in the background of the color scheme. This will help keep your colors from overwhelming your beautiful day.
I hope these tips will help you when picking out your wedding colors! Comment below with your wedding day color scheme!
Today I enjoyed a lovely outing with my Mom, aunt, & cousin. We had chai lattes and talked about girl stuff. So fun, & I can’t wait to do it again!
Happy New Year, everyone! It’s amazing how with the drop of the ball you can feel like your whole slate is wiped clean! Fresh starts are a great time to reevaluate what things can be changed in your life for the positive.
I started the first day of 2017 with a quick smoothie recipe, yoga video, and some at-home-spa treatments! So refreshing!
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Dab of honey
Add your ingredients to a blender (I use my Ninja) until smooth. This smothie has a tropical taste thanks to the grapefruit. Just add a tropical umbrella and pretend you’re at the beach!
Here is the yoga video I did this morning as well:
Weight Loss Yoga for Beginners
It’s not too intense, but does give a little bit of strength exercises to make you feel great!
Comment below with your New Year resolutions!
When planning our wedding, I always had in the back of my mind ideas for a guest book. I knew I didn’t want to be too traditional, but I also wanted something classic that could stand the test of time.
After looking through Pinterest and various weddings on the web, I came across the idea of a champagne bottle that your guests sign. This idea was so chic and classic! We ended up purchasing a bottle of Dom Pérignon circa 2006.
Guests were able to sign both the bottle and the box it came in. Now we have a beautiful display from our wedding. Plus, when our 5oth anniversary comes around we will have some delicious bubbly to toast to!
Comment below with your unique guest book ideas from your wedding! 💕
I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve posted on here! It’s been a crazy fast two months! We got married, went on our honeymoon, moved, & started our lives as newlyweds. It’s been so wonderful!
I thought I’d share some beautiful pictures from our wedding day. I’m so happy with how they turned out!
Thanks so much to Kyle Weaver Photography!
(Be on the lookout for some wedding posts in the near future!)
I’m currently sitting in the airport waiting to get on a flight back home. It’s been a whirlwind week. I got married, went on our honeymoon, and survived a hurricane! Hurricane aside, we had an amazing time!
I thought I’d do a quick post on my bridal shower. It was absolutely beautiful! My family and friends went above and beyond. Enjoy the pictures!
Happy Friday, everyone!
I thought I’d do a quick post on what I wore to my bridal shower party. Even though it was still summer time when I went looking for a shower dress, it was surprisingly difficult to find a white dress. After a while I was ready to give up. And in a way, I did! I have a Lilly Pulitzer dress I bought when I went to the Target exclusive day way back when. My mom saw me in it and said, “That’s what you should wear!” It’s a white dress with the pink print, so kinda bridal. Plus, very summery since the shower was in August!
Comment below with what you think, & be on the lookout for my bridal shower post in the near future! 🙂