Happy New Year, everyone!
A lot happened in 2017 that I’m so thankful for. We got a puppy named Bear who brings us so much joy! We have started saving up for a future house. And as trivial as it may sound, I think I’ve found an acne routine that is helping with my hormonal acne.
With that said, I thought I’d share some resolutions that I want to bring into 2018. Some are the typical yearly resolutions, but others are a bit more personal for me.
- Less sugar & sweets
- Get back into blogging
- Try to read one book a month
- Let go & let God
- Don’t be afraid to stand up for myself
- Start building a classic & sophisticated wardrobe
- Plan our Hawaiian vacation
- Get a credit card
- Save up at least $5,000
- Spend more time with loved ones
Some of these resolutions will be a lot easier than others. I think the key with any new venture is that you remind yourself that any mistake or misstep is just one moment in the grand scheme of things. Stay positive, learn from mistakes, and don’t forget to have fun!
Comment below with your new year resolutions!
I recently purchased the NYX Color Correcting Concealer. This stuff is amazing!
Taking notes from art class in elementary school, this concealer uses the color wheel for how to conceal. I use the green on any red spots (acne, pigmentation), and the yellow for blue under-eye circles or veins. Apply your foundation over the concealer. The results? Marvelous!
I also love their Intense Butter Gloss. This color (IBLG11) is the exact one used on my wedding day. It’s a sweet little reminder!
Comment below with your favorite NYX cosmetics!
When planning my wedding, I knew I wanted the colors of blush & gold. I felt these two colors were both on trend, as well as timeless. For many brides, deciding on what your wedding colors should be can be a daunting task. Here are a few of my tips that should help make the choice a little bit easier.
- Pick a dark and light combination: You want your wedding colors to be complimentary as well as contrasting. An easy way to do this is by picking a dark base color, and accenting it with your lighter color choice.
- Consider your season, but don’t let that limit you: I chose blush as one of my colors, which is typically a spring or summer color. But I got married in the fall. While it can be smart or convenient to select you colors based on the season you get married in, don’t let that limit your choices. I had my heart set on the blush color, oranges and burgundies just weren’t my thing.
- Use Pinterest as inspiration & direction: When you are picking linens, charger plates, flowers, and other items that involve your colors, it can get overwhelming. I highly recommend using Pinterest to hon your ideas. It will give you some direction, as well as specific pictures to show your vendors.
- Make sure you have a base color: The base color of your palette needs to be a neutral. White, cream, or even black are great bases to keep your colors in check. Our wedding featured a lot of white in the background of the color scheme. This will help keep your colors from overwhelming your beautiful day.
I hope these tips will help you when picking out your wedding colors! Comment below with your wedding day color scheme!
Today I enjoyed a lovely outing with my Mom, aunt, & cousin. We had chai lattes and talked about girl stuff. So fun, & I can’t wait to do it again!
I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve posted on here! It’s been a crazy fast two months! We got married, went on our honeymoon, moved, & started our lives as newlyweds. It’s been so wonderful!
I thought I’d share some beautiful pictures from our wedding day. I’m so happy with how they turned out!
Thanks so much to Kyle Weaver Photography!
(Be on the lookout for some wedding posts in the near future!)
Happy Friday, everyone!
I thought I’d do a quick post on what I wore to my bridal shower party. Even though it was still summer time when I went looking for a shower dress, it was surprisingly difficult to find a white dress. After a while I was ready to give up. And in a way, I did! I have a Lilly Pulitzer dress I bought when I went to the Target exclusive day way back when. My mom saw me in it and said, “That’s what you should wear!” It’s a white dress with the pink print, so kinda bridal. Plus, very summery since the shower was in August!
Comment below with what you think, & be on the lookout for my bridal shower post in the near future! 🙂