Here is an easy & delicious banana bread recipe! Enjoy!
1. Cream together 8 tablespoons of butter & 1 cup sugar.
2. Stir in 2 beaten eggs & 3 mashed bananas.
3. Slowly mix in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour.
4. Pour in greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
5. Optional, but totally delicious: Mix together powdered sugar & milk until you get the consistency of a very runny glaze. Add on top of your banana bread. This will melt down the sides and add a thin layer of sweet glaze to top your banana bread!
Happy Sunday, everyone!
Today I thought I’d share a delicious breakfast recipe. Sundays were always a day in my family when we would enjoy a yummy home-made breakfast or brunch. I feel like that is were my love for breakfast comes from. Now, my own traditions include weekend breakfasts. Typically, we eat eggs, but on occasion I enjoy something sweet. Here is an easy and fast French toast recipe that I hope you enjoy!
French Toast Recipe:
- 8 slices of thick bread-I use my whole grain bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use organic)
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for griddle/pan
Heat griddle on medium heat.
- Mix together your eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- One slice at a time, gently coat your bread with the mixture on each side. Be careful not to drench the bread.
- Place your coated bread on the griddle. About a minute or two on each side. Press on the center of the bread while toasting to get an even texture.
- Remove from griddle and add butter, powdered sugar, and syrup to taste. Enjoy!
I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies tonight. Delicious! 🙂
I made a delicious salad for lunch today! It had cucumbers, tomatoes, steak, and some low-fat ranch dressing. Yum!
As far as I know, I am NOT gluten free. However, my Mom had a time where she believed she was gluten intolerant. We have never determined if she officially is, but during the time when we believed she was, we tried many gluten free products. Some were good, others not so much. Presently, we are trying to eat more healthy foods, and have started shopping at an organic store. That is where we discovered these:
Talk about delicious! These are one of the best chocolate cookies I have ever had. They have chunks of chocolate, which I love. Once baked, the center is gooey, and the edges get crisp. It is hard to eat just one! I would recommend these to anyone, they are that good!