Happy New Year, everyone!
A lot happened in 2017 that I’m so thankful for. We got a puppy named Bear who brings us so much joy! We have started saving up for a future house. And as trivial as it may sound, I think I’ve found an acne routine that is helping with my hormonal acne.
With that said, I thought I’d share some resolutions that I want to bring into 2018. Some are the typical yearly resolutions, but others are a bit more personal for me.
- Less sugar & sweets
- Get back into blogging
- Try to read one book a month
- Let go & let God
- Don’t be afraid to stand up for myself
- Start building a classic & sophisticated wardrobe
- Plan our Hawaiian vacation
- Get a credit card
- Save up at least $5,000
- Spend more time with loved ones
Some of these resolutions will be a lot easier than others. I think the key with any new venture is that you remind yourself that any mistake or misstep is just one moment in the grand scheme of things. Stay positive, learn from mistakes, and don’t forget to have fun!
Comment below with your new year resolutions!
When planning my wedding, I knew I wanted the colors of blush & gold. I felt these two colors were both on trend, as well as timeless. For many brides, deciding on what your wedding colors should be can be a daunting task. Here are a few of my tips that should help make the choice a little bit easier.
- Pick a dark and light combination: You want your wedding colors to be complimentary as well as contrasting. An easy way to do this is by picking a dark base color, and accenting it with your lighter color choice.
- Consider your season, but don’t let that limit you: I chose blush as one of my colors, which is typically a spring or summer color. But I got married in the fall. While it can be smart or convenient to select you colors based on the season you get married in, don’t let that limit your choices. I had my heart set on the blush color, oranges and burgundies just weren’t my thing.
- Use Pinterest as inspiration & direction: When you are picking linens, charger plates, flowers, and other items that involve your colors, it can get overwhelming. I highly recommend using Pinterest to hon your ideas. It will give you some direction, as well as specific pictures to show your vendors.
- Make sure you have a base color: The base color of your palette needs to be a neutral. White, cream, or even black are great bases to keep your colors in check. Our wedding featured a lot of white in the background of the color scheme. This will help keep your colors from overwhelming your beautiful day.
I hope these tips will help you when picking out your wedding colors! Comment below with your wedding day color scheme!
When planning our wedding, I always had in the back of my mind ideas for a guest book. I knew I didn’t want to be too traditional, but I also wanted something classic that could stand the test of time.
After looking through Pinterest and various weddings on the web, I came across the idea of a champagne bottle that your guests sign. This idea was so chic and classic! We ended up purchasing a bottle of Dom Pérignon circa 2006.
Guests were able to sign both the bottle and the box it came in. Now we have a beautiful display from our wedding. Plus, when our 5oth anniversary comes around we will have some delicious bubbly to toast to!
Comment below with your unique guest book ideas from your wedding! 💕
I’m currently sitting in the airport waiting to get on a flight back home. It’s been a whirlwind week. I got married, went on our honeymoon, and survived a hurricane! Hurricane aside, we had an amazing time!
I thought I’d do a quick post on my bridal shower. It was absolutely beautiful! My family and friends went above and beyond. Enjoy the pictures!
I happened upon Henri Bendel purses accidentally. I’d never really heard of them before, and am rather bummed it took me this long to discover them. Since my fiancé and I will be traveling in a few months for our honeymoon, I wanted to get a purse that was both versatile & cute. Insert the Henri Bendel Jetsetter Mini Convertible Backpack!
This little beauty can be worn three different ways (purse, cross body, or backpack) and is water resistant. While it comes in a larger size, I thought my petite frame would look better with the mini. So glad I chose it! The colors are stunning and it looks so high-end. I paid about $180 for it (this included the site discount and a 20% off coupon for joining the email list). Totally worth it! This will make traveling so fun and luxurious!
On a side note, Henri Bendel constantly has sales, so keep on the lookout. Also, the colors of the bags change all the time. If you see one you love, be sure to purchase it ASAP!