Here is an easy & delicious banana bread recipe! Enjoy!
1. Cream together 8 tablespoons of butter & 1 cup sugar.
2. Stir in 2 beaten eggs & 3 mashed bananas.
3. Slowly mix in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour.
4. Pour in greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
5. Optional, but totally delicious: Mix together powdered sugar & milk until you get the consistency of a very runny glaze. Add on top of your banana bread. This will melt down the sides and add a thin layer of sweet glaze to top your banana bread!
Happy Sunday, everyone!
Today I thought I’d share a delicious breakfast recipe. Sundays were always a day in my family when we would enjoy a yummy home-made breakfast or brunch. I feel like that is were my love for breakfast comes from. Now, my own traditions include weekend breakfasts. Typically, we eat eggs, but on occasion I enjoy something sweet. Here is an easy and fast French toast recipe that I hope you enjoy!
French Toast Recipe:
- 8 slices of thick bread-I use my whole grain bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use organic)
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for griddle/pan
Heat griddle on medium heat.
- Mix together your eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- One slice at a time, gently coat your bread with the mixture on each side. Be careful not to drench the bread.
- Place your coated bread on the griddle. About a minute or two on each side. Press on the center of the bread while toasting to get an even texture.
- Remove from griddle and add butter, powdered sugar, and syrup to taste. Enjoy!
Happy New Year, everyone! It’s amazing how with the drop of the ball you can feel like your whole slate is wiped clean! Fresh starts are a great time to reevaluate what things can be changed in your life for the positive.
I started the first day of 2017 with a quick smoothie recipe, yoga video, and some at-home-spa treatments! So refreshing!
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Dab of honey
Add your ingredients to a blender (I use my Ninja) until smooth. This smothie has a tropical taste thanks to the grapefruit. Just add a tropical umbrella and pretend you’re at the beach!
Here is the yoga video I did this morning as well:
Weight Loss Yoga for Beginners
It’s not too intense, but does give a little bit of strength exercises to make you feel great!
Comment below with your New Year resolutions!
Happy Saturday, everyone!
I thought I’d give a recipe for some delicious Bananas Foster French Toast! Add a cup of coffee, & enjoy!
(Recipe found here.)
4 ounces (1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
4 bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slicesFrench toast:
3 large whole eggs
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 slices (3/4-inch thick) brioche or challah bread
3 tablespoons (about) unsalted butter
Whipped cream (optional)
Make the banana sauce: Melt the butter in a large stainless-steel skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and whisk until it melts into the butter. Add the water and whisk until smooth. Cover and set aside while you prepare the French toast.
Prepare the French toast: Whisk the whole eggs and egg yolks in a large bowel to blend. Gradually whisk in the milk, cream and vanilla. Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture, turning to coat and soak until they are completely moistened with the custard.
Heat a heavy, large griddle pan over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle. Working in batches, transfer the soaked bread to the pan with a slotted spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Add more butter as needed for each batch.
To serve, add the banana slices to the sauce and cook until the bananas are almost tender, tossing gently, about 3 minutes. Transfer the French toast to plates. Top each with the banana sauce and whipped cream, if desired.
Yesterday at work we had a delightful spread of Halloween inspired food. Basically, it was a great lunch! Here is a simple recipe for one of my favorite, adorable desserts. Enjoy!
You will need:
Pack of instant chocolate pudding
Small, plastic cups
Pumpkin candy corn
1. Whip up a packet of chocolate instant pudding. Let it set in the refrigerator until cold.
2. While pudding is setting, get a pack of Oreos. Remove the icing (you can eat it or just scoop it off), and put Oreo cookie halves in a plastic baggie. Once you have enough Oreos, break apart in the bag until crumbly like dirt.
3. Put the pudding into your plastic cups.
4. Add your Oreo dirt, worms, pumpkins, & ghost.