Today I thought I’d share a delicious breakfast recipe. Sundays were always a day in my family when we would enjoy a yummy home-made breakfast or brunch. I feel like that is were my love for breakfast comes from. Now, my own traditions include weekend breakfasts. Typically, we eat eggs, but on occasion I enjoy something sweet. Here is an easy and fast French toast recipe that I hope you enjoy!
French Toast Recipe:
- 8 slices of thick bread-I use my whole grain bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use organic)
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for griddle/pan
- Heat griddle on medium heat.
- Mix together your eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.
- One slice at a time, gently coat your bread with the mixture on each side. Be careful not to drench the bread.
- Place your coated bread on the griddle. About a minute or two on each side. Press on the center of the bread while toasting to get an even texture.
- Remove from griddle and add butter, powdered sugar, and syrup to taste. Enjoy!