I recently purchased the NYX Color Correcting Concealer. This stuff is amazing!
Taking notes from art class in elementary school, this concealer uses the color wheel for how to conceal. I use the green on any red spots (acne, pigmentation), and the yellow for blue under-eye circles or veins. Apply your foundation over the concealer. The results? Marvelous!
I also love their Intense Butter Gloss. This color (IBLG11) is the exact one used on my wedding day. It’s a sweet little reminder!
Comment below with your favorite NYX cosmetics!
While browsing the makeup aisle at Target the other day, I came upon these beautifully packaged lipsticks.
This collection is exclusive to L’OREAL. Female celebrities inspired these various colors. I picked up the Blake Lively red, Julianne Moore red, & Julianne Moore nude.
Other celebrities include Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria, Freida Pinto, Doutzen Kroes, & Liya Kebede. Target has the reds and nudes. I believe you are suppose to go by the celebrity that has the most similar coloring to you, then pick their lipstick. However, a lot of the lipsticks look like they would work for various colorings.
I think these are totally worth the purchase. Beautiful shades, beautiful packaging. Can’t go wrong!
I’d never thought I’d be one of those brides that freaks out over her wedding. Honestly, I am, but not in the bridezilla kind of way. I’m not obsessed with getting my “perfect” wedding with every detail exactly the way I wish. In fact, planning my wedding has been the exact opposite of enjoyable. I find it totally overwhelming, confusing, & frustrating. I don’t think it’s fun to plan a wedding AT ALL. I’m at a loss as to what is needed for all the details of a wedding. Believe me, there were many times that I wanted to just throw my hands up in the air and elope. I had numerous crying breakdowns because I just felt helpless & like this wedding was going to be the death of me. Okay, a little dramatic. But for my personality: perfectionist, NOT wanting to be the center of attention, & liking things on a set schedule, I just couldn’t handle everything on my own. So I broke down (again), and decided to get a wedding planner.
For those of you with similar personalities as me, I recommend a wedding planner. My planner: Hitched By Heather. First, we had a phone conversation to discuss how much of her consulting I would need. We settled on the Month-Of-Coordinator Package, with Hourly Services as needed (A.K.A. when I realize I have no idea how to do something or need some extra help). We had our first meeting the other day at our venue. Let me just say, she is beyond beautiful! She had on Hunter Boots, an adorable outfit, & perfect makeup. Girl after my own heart! She gave me a gift, pictured above, which was so sweet of her! We then went through most of the details for our wedding, from the ceremony, reception, cocktail hours, & whether I wanted a harpist to play at the wedding. So many things I never would have thought of on my own, & little things I didn’t know we could do.
Finally, she made me feel so much at ease! I’m actually getting excited for the wedding! She said I can call/text/email whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed or just need some advice as to what would work & what wouldn’t. I feel like I can breathe now. There definitely isn’t as much pressure on me, which was part of my difficulty.
I honestly never thought I’d be a bride with a wedding planner. I thought I could do everything on my own, or with help from my family. But there just aren’t enough hours in the day for one person to get everything done! I feel much better with a team of professionals who know what they are doing. If you have the means, please get a wedding planner. Trust me, your sanity will thank you!
Happy Monday, everyone!
Over the weekend I took my usual trip to Marshalls. I almost left with a new Kate Spade bag, but it was white and sadly had a few marks on it. I did, however, leave with some Stila makeup that I’ve been eyeing ever since I started watching YouTube makeup videos. It was beautifully packaged in a gold, metallic box that caught my eye instantly. Inside it had an eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip gloss, liquid luminizer, and a gold bracelet from Baublebar. For $18 I thought it was a steal! I took some swatches & the payoff seems great! The colors are beautiful. This find was awesome!
Have you used Stila makeup before? Leave a comment below with your favorites!
I’m always hesitant when looking for makeup. It can be difficult to find the correct colors, consistency, & coverage. But I ended up taking a chance on two concealers, both by COVERGIRL. The first concealer, truBLEND FIXSTICK Concealer, works great for discoloration & scars from blemishes. I have a few scars on my face from blemishes, and this covers them so well! It’s a creamy consistency, and the coverage is great. I put it around my nose, on scars, and discoloration.
The next concealer is by COVERGIRL also. It’s Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer. I used it under my eyes. It really brightens the eye area, which is always a plus!
Finally, I re-purchased a liquid eyeliner, Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner. This is an excellent liquid liner that makes drawing on wings super easy!
Overall, great purchases that only cost around $20 total! Comment below if you’ve used these products, or if you have recommendations!
Happy Weekend, everyone! I decided to do an at home spa treatment last night, & I’m so glad I did! My skin is so soft now, and I feel like my pores have shrunk significantly. The treatment I used is Montagne Jeunesse Fruit Smoothie masque. This masque has the ingredients of raspberry & mango.
*Test a small, discrete area of your face to be sure of no irritation*
Cleanse face (I used my Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser & warm water)
Relax for 10-15 minutes (I only did 10 because it felt weird dried on my face, lol)
Rinse with warm water & pat dry with a wash cloth
I really loved the smell of this masque. It’s not over powering, but it does have a slight fruity smell. I thought it was very refreshing! Fair warning that as it dries, this masque does feel weird (very dry feeling). I haven’t used a face masque in a long time, so that may just be me, but I only left it on for 10 minutes.
I’m not sure where you can purchase this masque, & others like it, because it was a Christmas gift. However, Amazon has them for $11 here.
Here is an easy summer hairstyle to keep you cool in the heat!
1. Put your head band wrap on your head (Mine is from Lilly Pulitzer for Target).
2. Split your hair into two, even sections, separating each side over your shoulder.
3. Braid one of the sections until you reach the end of the braid. Then wrap the section on the opposite side of your head. Secure with Bobbie pins, making sure to hide the end of the braid under your head band wrap.
4. Now braid the other section of hair, braiding until you reach the end of the braid. Then do the same as step three. Wrap the section on the opposite side of your head. Secure with bobbie pins, making sure to hide the end of the braid under your head band wrap.
5. Use a mirror to check the back of your head. You may have a few hair “bubbles” at the base of your neck. Simply wrap any “bubbles” or loose pieces into the bottom of the head wrap, using Bobbie pins if needed.
6. Use hairspray to secure the braid for all day hold!
Ta-da! Fabulous summer hair!!! 🙂
When I did my makeup this morning I decided to put my white eyeliner to use. I was looking rather tired in the eyes, so what better way to brighten them up than with white eyeliner!
I did my usual liquid eyeliner to create my winged effect on my lid. Then I applied mascara on both my upper & lower lashes.
The last thing I did was apply the white eyeliner to my water line (the inner rim of the eye).
I think this look helps make you look awake & fresh-faced!
With summer almost here, I thought I’d make a list of a few great summer products! These products will help benefit your beauty regimen, while being eco-friendly in the process. Enjoy!
1. Burt’s Bees ~ Burt’s Bees currently holds the promise of 100%-99% natural. But that isn’t all. “Even our packaging is designed conscientiously: including our focus using post-consumer recycled content. Currently, our primary packages average 30% PCR content, our secondary packages average 45%, and our bottles average 60%. In addition, we strive to make our packages as recyclable as possible, and have trimmed excess packaging from many of our products—some as much as 50%.” I personally love their chap stick!
2. The Honest Company ~ This company was created by Jessica Alba, & boasts all natural products. Family focused products, such as diapers and organic formula, make this brand extra unique. “We love plants and all things living. We design to maximize their usage in our products, and actively focus on minimizing the presence of petroleum in our products and packaging. One day (in the not-so-distant future) we strive to be 100% plant-based and sustainably-sourced, inside and out.”
3. EcoTools ~ Best known for their cosmetic brushes, EcoTools boasts beauty tools that are beautiful & show respect for the earth. They have incredibly soft synthetic bristles, sleek bamboo handles, recycled aluminum ferrules, & are 100% cruelty free. I’ve actually seen these at Target, and I’ve been tempted to try them. Knowing that they are helpful for the environment only adds to their appeal!
4. Naja Company ~ Naja creates lingerie & swimwear with a purpose. They partner with the Golondrinas Foundation & Underwear for Hope program to educate single mothers so they can learn marketable skills. Naja then employs them so they can help themselves & their children. Naja has also created an eco-friendly collection of bras & swimwear, which are created from Recycled Plastic Bottles (PET). Who knew your underwear could be both cute & help the earth??
So there you have it! Four beauty items that will help both you & the earth!
*Disclaimer* I was contacted by the Naja company to showcase their products in an upcoming blog post featuring eco-friendly products. I was not compensated, & all opinions are my own.
Happy Friday, everyone!
So for my birthday I was given some beautiful China Glaze nail polish from my bestie, Liz. I’d heard of China Glaze nail polish from both YouTube & ads, but I had never tried it before. I’m usually an Essie girl. But I have to admit, these polishes are great! I applied the pink one on the left Saturday. It’s been almost a week, & it hasn’t chipped yet! I’m highly impressed, & definitely recommend it!